A few days ago it was announced that the very hot Ms. Malin Akerman will be replacing the notorious Ms. Lindsay Lohan in the movie Inferno after Lohan opted out citing she has to concentrate on her rehab! I feel it was the worst decision of her life. There are many bad professional decisions she has taken, but I’m sure this one would top the list.
Inferno is a biopic of infamous pornographic actress Linda Lovelace who starred in Deep Throat, the highest grossing porn film ever. It is estimated that when the film released in 1972, it grossed over US$ 100 million. The film was then distributed by a network of Mafia family.
Inferno will make an excellent worthy watch for all the viewers whether they know the history of Deep Throat or not. Just consider the points:
- It’s a biopic of the leading lady of the most infamous X-rated movie of the last century
- It was so famous that mainstream film audiences went to watch it
- There is a strong mafia connection
- Although it is said that the film made US$ 100 million, some conspiracy theories claim that the film made in the excess of US$600 million. (And this was 1970’s!)
- A censored edition of the film was released on DVD for fans of pop culture and those wishing to own a legitimate copy of the infamous movie
- Linda Lovelace made and changed statements that she was forced into pornography by her sadistic husband!
a. First she said that making the film was a liberating experience
b. Then she said that she was coerced to perform the scenes by being hypnotized and sometimes brandished with guns and rifles to complete the acts
c. Later she became an anti-porn activist!
These are just few of the ‘facts’ associated with the history of Deep Throat and the late Linda Lovelace.
What do you want in a film to be entertaining? It has to have a fascinating story to be told! This will definitely be a good watch. Plus, for any actor/actress, playing a real person is a high and there’s a truly immense scope of performance.
Troubled soul Lindsay Lohan was the first choice to essay Lovelace’s role. Hollywood said that all she needs is one good film. She got one, Inferno. And she kicked it, trying to kick a habit (addiction) she can’t.
I’m not a fan of Lindsay Lohan. It’s just that I have a very keen intuition. There have been times that I’ve noticed people and knew that they would make it big. (I so want to say that about me :p) Obviously I can’t tell it now because then it would be plain stupid and unbelievable.
Once again, is my intuition telling me something?